May 18, 2011
I need to dump a whole lot of links in a short amount of time, so here goes:
- The WNY Flash are doing something I've talked about for a while with their Adopt A Player program. If you are a youth coach, get your team in the hopper today.
- ESPNW has a Q&A with Abby Wambach.
- The USWNT blog has an interview with Alex Morgan.
- Equalizer Soccer has their XI questions for this week. #11 ponders the question whether Alex Sahlen of the WNY Flash is the first president-player in pro soccer history. They also have this week's edition of The Weekly posted.
- The Original Winger has the Behind the Scenes from Saturday's USWNT-Japan match.
- The MISL may be looking at expansion into Canada.
- The Wichita Wings of the MISL had a nice turn out to their event unveiling the reborn team.
- You know MLS rookies are making too little when they are eating jellyfish for money.
- All White Kit takes a look at tonight's USWNT v Japan match from Cary, NC.
- Here is Part 2 of the Free Beer Movement interview with SI's Grant Wahl.
- Ali Riley hits the beach with the Football Ferns.
- This is a cool update on Osvaldo Alonso's defection from Cuba.
- The Columbus Crew signed their first homegrown player recently. Personally, I think the homegrown player signings are bigger than Designated Player signings for the future of MLS and soccer in the US.
- Christine Sinclair is back in the groove.
- The designer of LIVEstrong Park talks about the design of the stadium.
- I wonder if the Steve Nash documentary will talk a lot about soccer?
- The Flash should sign Brandi Chastain if only for the obvious commercial that could be made.
- Another angle of the Portland-Seattle rivalry.
- I don't know about what Wayne Rooney did to celebrat Man United's EPL title......
- Caroline Seger likes flying first class. Don't we all?
- Here is a look at the work that was done to remodel Portland's JELD-WEN Stadium from a AAA baseball park to an MLS stadium. If only we could do that to Frontier Field.
- Some random WPS notes from All White Kit.
- Sunil Gulati talks soccer analytics.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.