The Steve Ralston signing has gotten the expected internet buzz.
The big question now is will this be the splashiest signing of the 2nd Division off season or will some of the other NASL clubs step up and sign some guys that will garner some "Wows"?
Tampa Bay has added another international with an intriguing resume in Japanese utlity man Takuya Yamada.
But, Yamada doesn't have near the US name recognition that Ralston does.
Which leads to the obvious question of when will the Rhinos announce a new signing?
News & Notes:
- Jay Needham is returning to US 2nd Division soccer with the Austin Aztex.
- The #18 man in the USL-1 top 25 of the decade is another former Rhino: Charles Gbeke.
- The St. Louis Athletica made a big move up to the top of the LA Sol dispersal draft list. But, they didn't target Marta. Instead, they are going after Shannon Boxx.
- Another day and another Salvadoran International moves to MLS. This time it's Chivas USA landing Osael Romero.
- Ridge Mahoney likes the approach that the NY Red Bulls are taking this time around.
- Jaime Moreno is back with DC United.
- Here is the latest on the DC United ownership and stadium situations.
- Charlie Davies is having elbow surgery on his way back.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.