That is the only way to explain the extremely slow soccer news day:
- Jozy Altidore became the first US International to score a goal in La Liga, but he still could get loaned out by Villareal. It will be interesting to see where Jozy lands if he is indeed loaned out.
- Street & Smith's Sports Business Journal is reporting that MLS attendance and TV viewership slipped in 2008. I wonder if this means that the DP experiment isn't working?
- Carlos Mendes hopes to be back from hernia surgery in time for the Red Bulls' 2nd leg in Houston this weekend.
- SI.com has a report that Barcelona is trying to get a deal done where it's ownership of an MLS team would be exempt from taxes. Somehow, I don't see this whole thing working out.....
- Tom Soehn will be back next season as the DC United head coach. I can't imagine his leash being very long, though.
- Is it just me, or does former LA Galaxy head coach Ruud Gullit need to shut his yap?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.