September 17, 2009
Rhinos playoff tickets go on sale tomorrow. Here are the prices for season ticket holders:
3 game package - $18, $27, $36, $39, and $42 per seat
Game 1 - $9, $12, $15, $17, and $19
Game 2 (Semis) - $10, $14, $17, $19, and $21
Game 3 (Final) - $10, $17, $20, $22, and $24
It will be interesting to see how the Rhinos do at the box office given this pricing structure, Johnny Menyongar's injury , and the fact that the team hasn't had good results at hom in 2009.
News & Notes:
- The Rhinos will wear pink jerseys tomorrow night versus Charleston. They will be auctioned off with the proceeds going to the Wilmot Cancer Center at the U of R Medical Center.
- The big news of the last 24 hours is that MLS has announced that they will take a bit of a World Cup break in 2010. I like that The Kartik Report takes a counterpoint view to play the devil's advocate. I wonder how much the US bidding for the 2018 or 2022 World Cup played into this like Kartik suggested?
- It looks like Jermaine Jones won't need more surgery for his stress facture issue.
- Houston lost at Pachuca, but Columbus got an early goal from Eddie Gacen at Saprissa and was able to hang on for the 1-0 win in CONCACAF Champions League play.
- Perhaps Europe needs a Team Owners Association after this report?
- There is a cool interview with Schelotto on MLSNet.com.
- Mad About Futbol takes an interesting look at Miami FC.
- Will Philadelphia Union play at the Linc to start the 2010 season? They do know that they are trying to get involved with local schools and their soccer programs.
- I wonder when they will show up in Montreal?
- The San Jose Earthquakes will unveil new stadium plans on Saturday.
- Adebayor is taking his 3 game suspension and dealing with it. I would have loved to hear what his argument was if he tried to appeal the suspension.
- I wish I had an XBox 360 and a lot of free time after seeing this.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.