April 30, 2009
The Rhinos are hosting a viewing party tomorrow night at The Distillery on Mount Hope as the Fox Soccer Channel will have the Rhinos game in Cleveland as their USL Game of the Week.
It will be interesting to see how many Rhinos fans come out to see the first non-USL Live Rhinos regular season action of 2009.
One thing is for sure, I would have some high expectations for what the Rhinos can do against Cleveland tomorrow night.
News & Notes:
- Chris Cummins has been named the interim head coach of Toronto FC.
- First an NBC ref goes to jail for fixing games and now MLS is being hit with Jersey-gate!
- I guess Blanco should have tossed a jersey to the refs when the Fire lost to Club America....
- I wonder if NY State would allow an all you can eat and drink party deck at Your Name Here Stadium?
- SBI.net is putting out an ABP for Sache Kljestan. I wonder if this slump will hurt his chances of moving abroad this summer?
- DC United has loaned a couple of players to Harrisburg and Chris Seitz will be playing in goal for Portland this weekend. I wonder if the Rhinos will be picking up any players on loan any time soon?
- Avery John is starting to settle in with DC United.
- May 11 is the day that Philly's MLS team will get an identity as they unveil the club's nickname and colors.
- Someone thinks that it shouldn't really matter where Miami FC plays. I guess he didn't research the Rhinos change in stadiums....
- Diego Serna is off to a hot start, but the Second Coming is a bit much.
- Ridge Mahoney's latest at SI.com gives some props to Don Garber for taking an aggressive stance on a few things lately.
- Steven Goff talks to Mia Hamm who will be honored at this weekend's Washington Freedom game.
- Someone named Abby Wambach was named the WPS Player of the Week. Maybe you've heard of her......
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.