With the WPS Allocation less than 20 minutes away, I'm going to go through the interesting links for today:
- Check out what Abby is wearing for the Allocation Gala.
- Ross Smith was named to the USL 1st Division Team of the Week thanks to his game tying goal against the RailHawks on Sunday.
- Rhinos Soccer.com has a short preview of tomorrow's regular season finale in Miami tomorrow.
- SBI.net has more details of the Mac Kandji loan from Atlanta to the NY Red Bulls. NY paid Atlanta $25,000 to get Kandji for the remainder of the 2008 season. If they choose to purchase Kandji, it will cost the Red Bulls another $150,000 to be split over the 2009 an 2010 seasons.
- NY also picked up Matthew Mbuta from USL2 Crystal Palace Baltimore and goalkeeper Terry Boss from USL2 Charlotte Eagles. Terry will likely be crashing at his brother's crib since his brother is NY Giants tight end Kevin Boss.
- DC United picked up Ryan Miller who was waived by the Columbus Crew.
- Chivas USA has picked up Brazilian midfielder Dejair and traded for MLS vet Sasha Victorine.
- DC United opens CONCACAF Champions League group play against Saprissa tonight at 8pm on FSC. But, they will once again be without attacking midfielder Marcelo Gallardo who is going to miss more time due to a sports hernia.
- Montreal and Puerto Rico will kick off their CONCACAF Champions League group play this week as well. The Islanders host Tauro FC Tuesday with the Impact beginning Wednesday at home versus Joe Public. All 12 matches for the two sides can be seen on Fox Soccer Channel.
- The NYTimes.com has a story of a 12 year old going to an ODP camp. It makes me wonder if having things like ODP camps for 12 year olds is really the right way to grow soccer in this country.......
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.