June 11, 2010
The jerseys are being printed.
Carlos Bocanegra is gracing the cover of beer cans.
And ESPN did The Homecoming with Landon Donovan.
That must mean that we are only a day away from US-England at the World Cup.
Unprofessional Foul has it's England preview.
WV Hooligan has it's questions for the USMNT.
Yanks Abroad has quotes from US players about England.
Melissa Segura looks at how Clint Dempsey's roots have affected him as a soccer player.
Steve Davis looks at why Landon Donovan is the most important US player ever and Michael Lewis says he's a new man compared to four years ago in Germany.
MLS Talk wonders if the real England will stand up and asks what the US needs to do to win.
Inside Minnesota Soccer , Yanks Abroad , and MLS Soccer.com have their match previews, Grant Wahl has what to look for, and Steve Davis calls this the most anticipated match in US history.
Personally, I think this will be a more wide open game than people expect and I'll predict a 2-1 US win.
News & Notes:
- The Vancouver Whitecaps logo and uniforms for 2011 when they jump to MLS are growing on me.
- Steve Nash channels his inner Brandi Chastain.
- Sacha Klejstan is officially off to Anderlecht.
- Michael Ballack to MLS and perhaps Seattle Sounders FC? That would be very interesting.
- The Houston Dynamo need a new GM.
- The USSF D2 is outdrawing WPS on average. And neither league is going great with both leages averaging less than 5000 fans per game.
- The Rhinos are 4th in this week's SBI.net USSF D2 power rankings.
- Scott Vallow was Devo's guest for this week's RhinosCast.
- Spoiler Alert: Here is the wrap up of the South Africa-Mexico World Cup opener.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.