With Sam, Jeff, Rob Clark, and myself in-studio and new Head Coach Darren Tilley and President and General Manager Matthew Ford on the phone, Saturday's show was one of the craziest ever.
I can't wait for this week's announcements to take place as it appears that an announcement with regards to concessions and more player signings should happen this week.
Matthew Ford said that they are awaiting league and US Soccer approval on a couple of players. With Darren Tilley saying that he's given Matthew Ford a list of midfielders to to get, one would assume that they will be midfield signings.
And as far as my first impression of Rob Clark goes, I kind of felt he was like Mark Cuban with regards to how high energy he was. But, he did seem to need to get up to speed with regards to the ins and outs of pro soccer.
But, that was to be expected given his banking and business background. But he seems like a quick study with the addition of a guy like Joe Valenti as the new Director of Ticket Sales. Not only is Joe a local person, he also has experience with the Houston Dynamo and Charleston Battery.
News & Notes:
- With a 3-1 win over Mexico, the USWNT will need to defeat Costa Rica on Wednesday to punch their ticket to the Beijing Olympics. Abby Wambach scored the game winner in the 32nd minute. The goal was her 92nd for the USWNT and her third of the tournament.
- Scott Palguta wasn't the only guy trying to move from a financially troubled club to the NY Red Bulls.....
- SBI.net is saying that Amado Guevara to Toronto is really going to happen.
- Ronaldinho to Man City? Perhaps......
- This Is American Soccer.com 's map even has the new Rhinos logo!
- Former DC United MF Justin Moose is headed to the Whitecaps per Steven Goff.
- SI.com has a sit down with US Soccer grand poobah Sunil Gulati.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.