Brian, Kartik, and Jeff all predicted that the US Soccer Federation will come out with a decision on sanctioning the NASL this week.
I was the buzzkill of the group. Given the USL's lawsuit against Tampa Bay, Crystal Palace Baltimore, and Rochester, I'm guessing that things will drag out into mid-January as things will likely shut down for a week or two over the Christmas/New Years timeframe.
With most of the parties involved (pretty much everyone but AC St Louis' Jeff Cooper) following US Soccer's edict to keep quiet, there likely won't be a lot of news until a decision is made.
So, all we can do is sit and wait......
News & Notes:
- Brian also a post up today about the future of pro soccer in the Twin Cities area.
- Devo has some tidbits on the upcoming Rhinos combine.
- Michael Bradley only plays for the USMNT because his dad is the head coach. Uh huh.........
- I wonder how long it is before there are Jurgen Klinsmann to the NY Red Bulls rumors?
- What will Vegas set as the over/under for the number of times Ruud Gullit slams MLS during World Cup broadcasts?
- This shot of Joey Saputo holding the Olympic torch is just calling out for a caption contest.
- If you didn't see Maynor Figueroa's goal versus Stoke City on Saturday morning, you have to check it out.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.