- Doug Miller remains in the lead in the MISL scoring race and Mauricio Salles sits in 4th place.
- Baltimore defeated the Missouri Comets 15-9 to move to 9-0 on the season.
- The Lancers will try and defeat the Syracuse Silver Knights for the first time this season when they host their rivals on Saturday night on Lancer Louie's Birthday.
- The Chicago Soul FC have replaced their head coach due to their slow start to the season.
- Beau Dure wonders if indoor soccer doesn't get enough credit.
- Abby Wambach finishes 2012 with 152 goals in her USWNT career and is six behind Mia Hamm.
- Alex Morgan joined Hamm in the 20 goal & 20 assist in one year club.
- Amy Rodriguez is the latest USWNTer to get to the 100 cap mark.
- Fox Soccer sat down for an interview with Alex Morgan.
- New USWNT head coach Tom Sermani meets up with the team.
- Tobin Heath talks about wanting to play after the Olympics.
- Pro Soccer Talk looks at why the USWNT keeps winning.
- US Soccer unveiled the name (NWSL) and logo for the new women's pro league.
- The name of the NWSL team in Portland is Thorns FC.
- The name of the DC team is the Washington Spirit.
- Could Ali Krieger be headed to the NWSL?
News & Notes:
- The Rochester Rhinos were named the USL Pro Organization of the Year at the USL AGM.
- Former Rhino Carlos Mendes has left MLS to sign with the NASL's NY Cosmos.
- Beau Dure wonders if fans should oppose MLS trying to build a stadium in Queens.
- Manchester City denies the rumor that they were in line to own the new NY City based MLS club.
- NE traded Benny Feilhaber to Sporting KC.
- Phoenix FC will call Arizona State home when they join the USL Pro League in 2013.
- Orlando is still working on moving to MLS.
- Clint Dempsey repeated as the US Player of the Year.
- USMNT head coach Jurgen Klinsmann talks about Michael Bradley's rise.
- Seattle Sounders GM Adrian Hanauer retained his job with 96% support.
- 14 players were selected in Stage 2 of the MLS Re-Entry Draft.
- Nike has replaced Umbro as the main partner/sponsor of the USL.
- Corinthians captured the FIFA Club World Cup.
- The NY Red Bulls have signed 37 year old Brazilian MF Juninho.
- Daniel Hernandez is out as FC Dallas assistant coach after only three weeks.
- Barca has extended the contracts of Messi, Puyol, and Xavi.
- Portland picked up ex-US U-17 D Mobi Fehr via a weighted lottery.
- MLS has announced the 2013 home openers for all 19 clubs.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.