August 25, 2009
Nano Short was the lone Rhino named to the USL Team of the Week for this week.
I would have liked to have seen Chris Nurse get the nod for his bounce back game versus Carolina.
News & Notes:
- Matthew Delicate was named to the USL 2nd Division 1st team and Chad Severs and Chase Harrison were named to the 2nd team. Deli is up for the MVP against Jamie Watson from Wilmington. Deli also scored the goal that put Richmond through to the finals versus the Charlotte Eagles.
- Here is another mention of the off the field endeavors of Colorado/Rochester defender Ty Harden.
- 1860 Munich lost 3-1 to Karlsruher, but their one goal was Kenny Cooper's second of the season.
- Not only is Christie Rampone the head coach/captain/defender for the WPS champion Sky BLue FC, but she's 3 months pregnant, too! That takes soccer mom to a whole new level.
- SBI.net has an interview on the state of the Red Bulls. I kind of hope that Richie Williams gets the job.
- So, MLS is out of the bidding for the USL and Traffic (aka the owners of Miami FC) might be the buyers. That is an interesting twist.
- I doubt the Rhinos could raise $26 million if they sold shares to the club. But, I wonder how much they could sell.....
- Cross Tiyi Shipalane off the list of USL-2 players the Rhinos could be looking at. He is headed DC United's way.
- I thought it was called soccer?
- Yeah, he's pretty good.
- The Houston Dynamo seem closer to getting their stadium deal done.
- Alan Gordon doesn't like The Beckham Experiment ? I'm guessing that if he had actually read the book, he'd change his opinion as I think he was one of the stars of the book.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.