My computer was taking a mid-winter nap the past few days, so that's why the blog was silent.
So, here goes:
- The WNY Flash officially announced the signing of Christine Sinclair, along with 2010 WPS ROTY Ali Riley and Kandace Wilson.
- WPS has one fewer team with the Chicago Red Stars suspending operations. You have to wonder if there will be a 2011 season for WPS at this point.
- Tim Holt talks about the LA Blues joining the USL PRO League in 2011 and being the lone west coast club.
- There are three USL teams in Puerto Rico for 2011. That could make for some interesting road trips.
- Ottawa is planning on joining the NASL in 2013.
- Is DC United trying to get Pat Onstad as an assistant coach?
- The USMNT has a rematch set up with Egypt.
- Portland has signed a former Arsenal Academy defender in Kerrea Gilbert.
- The Timbers also sent Jordan Graye to Houston.
- Fulham likes Clint Dempsey so much they may be looking to add Landon Donovan.
- Or maybe Landon is headed to Newcastle....
- This five stages of Sporting KC grief post is classic.
- Vancouver has signed a couple more players off their pre-MLS roster in Greg Janicki and Terry Dunfield.
- Akron won their first NCAA Men's Soccer title.
- Stuart Holden had the game winner for Bolton over the weekend.
- Now the question is which Cascadia team has the best look?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.