September 2, 2010
Everyone is putting their two cents out there on the Bob Bradley contract extension:
Then there was the press conference with Bradley and Sunil Gulati and the reactions to that:
One of my favorite pieces is this one from David Hirshey @ ESPN.com.
And I wonder how fun the Landon Donovan and Bob Bradley meeting will go after that headline.....
News & Notes:
- Inside Minnesota Soccer also has a nice breakdown of how the USSF D2 playoffs will work.
- MLS has Episodes one , two , and three up of a series called Real Road Trip. I really like what MLS's web team has been up to since the re-launch of the site and adding all the cool new columns and content like what goes up on Youtube.
- I always thought that LA & MLS would value Landon Donovan more than a European club would. And a $16 million price tag sounds about like what I would expect LA & MLS to ask for.
- The news that Columbus is scouting locations for a stadium to replace Crew Stadium has me dreaming about replacing MAS with a stadium somewhere like Henrietta near the thruway exit.
- And this interview with Seattle's athletic development coach Dave Tenney was really interesting. Along with way over my head in spots.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.