March 1, 2010
Today is MLS roster cut down day.
So, it will be interesting to see what players are available tomorrow that Bob Lilley and the Rhinos will be interested in at least bringing into camp next week.
When Coach Lilley was on Saturday's edition of Kick This!, he seemed pleased with where the midfield stands today. He did say that they need to firm up the center back position and add another forward or two.
2nd division singings round up
News & Notes:
- Abby sat down for a nice long interview with US Soccer.com .
- Today at the Algarve Cup it's Cheney 2 - Sweden 0 to put the USWNT through to the Algarve Cup Final.
- The Harrisburg City Islanders are the official USL club of the Philadelphia Union.
- MLS Talk has a little post on the CBA waiting game between the players & owners.
- Good news for the USMNT: Maurice Edu scored the lone goal Rangers 1-0 win over Celtic over the weekend.
- Bad news for the USMNT: Benny Feilhaber injury concern grows.
- OK, so South Africa isn't ready to host the World Cup today. Will they be ready in about 100 days?
- If the news of Portsmouth going bankrupt doesn't prove that there is no money in football , what will?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.