Reportedly, Chicago was unable to finalize a stadium lease agreement and that has forced the team to push out joining the MISL until the 2012-13 season and the MISL has come out with a revised schedule for a 7 team league.
In other league news, the Baltimore Blast announced that 10 players are returning to the team including current Rhino Max Ferdinand and former Rhino Adauto Neto.
The Milwaukee Wave announced the signing of former Rhino Greg Howes for the 2011-12 season.
The Syracuse Silver Knights signed Andre Berenzon and Alex Megson who spent last season with the MISL's Chicago Riot.
The Missouri Comets have re-signed GK Boris Pardo.
News & Notes:
- The Wilmington Hammerheads have a new GM.
- For all the Hope Solo fans who missed it, here is her 2nd round dance from Dancing With The Stars.
- The San Jose Earthquakes are close to breaking ground on their stadium.
- The NY Cosmos to MLS rumors are heating up.
- Stuart Holden is on the shelf for 6 more months due to a set back with his recovery from knee surgery that required another procedure.
- The Minnesota Stars will be missing their beer garden during the playoffs.
- Edgar Davids was training with the New England Revolution the other day.
- The NASL Best XI is out. Former Rhino Mike Ambersley made the list.
- Randy Vogt at Soccer America wonders if soccer should adopt a form of the futsal accumulated fouls rule.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.