August 27, 2009
The Carolina RailHawks destroyed Miami FC last night by a 9-0 scoreline.
That is not a typo.
With Miami FC on a 0-6-1 streak where they have been outscored 24 to 2, I think the top 7 in the USL 1st Division are pretty safe.
News & Notes:
- The sale of the USL by Nike has been finalized. If you want a job with NuRock Soccer Holdings, go here.
- Vancouver's match preview for Saturday night's Rhinos-Whitecaps game is up.
- The Champions League Group Stage draw is complete. Arsenal have to be the happiest club out there.
- Nike's internet ads are awesome from "The Pledge" to the new Theo Walcott ad.
- I like Umbro's new customization idea where you can submit artwork to go on the bottom of your boots.
- Seattle fans continue their internet mocking of DC United.
- One West Ham fan is really embarrassed.
- Sky Sports has some better highlights of Jozy Altidore's free kick goal for Hull City.
- At least Houston got a road point in CCL play!
- I have to pick up the soccer version of Moneyball after reading this interview.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.