The match previews are coming in as we are a day away from the US versus Ghana with a Quarterfinal berth on the line.
It will be interesting to see how Ghana deals with being the lone African country to advance past group play.
It will be interesting to see how Bob Bradley tweaks the three areas that he has changed players throughout the tournament - up top next to Jozy Altidore, in the middle next to Michael Bradley, and on the back line next to Jay DeMerit.
It will be interesting to see how the US deals with a team that brings a different set of challenges when compared to the three teams the US has faced so far in the tournament.
Hopefully the US can continue the march towards another first in USMNT history.
Other World Cup links:
- The USMNT is digging the Weezer anthem.
- President Obama congratulated the team on the win.
- Stuart Holden and Landon Donovan with a little Charlie Davies tribute.
- Ouch, that was a low blow . But, I laughed.
- Cesc Fabregas likes the US through to the Semis.
- I wonder what the over/under is on red cards in the England-Germany game?
News & Notes:
- Devo has a post about the big day that tomorrow will be.
- Inside Minnesota Soccer had the story that AC St Louis has fired their coach and that Jeff Cooper has reached into his own pockets to float the team for the remainder of the season. And AC St Louis has hired a local soccer legend, Dale Schilly, to be their new headcoach.
- It looks like MLS won't be headed to Ottawa any time soon.
- With Roy Hodgson apparently leaving Fulham for Liverpool , I wonder what this means for Clint Dempsey's club future?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.