January 18, 2011
I've been slacking and a lot has happened since I posted last.
- The Rhinos 2011 schedule is out. Personally, I like that the regular season wraps up mid-August and the season should be completed before the end of September.
- Inside Minnesota Soccer looks at the USL PRO divisions and schedule.
- Inside Minnesota Soccer also talks about how Jeff Cooper has pulled the plug on AC St Louis for good.
- Inside Minnesota Soccer is also reporting that this is the week that Traffic takes over the Carolina RailHawks.
- Crystal Palace Baltimore is being sued by unpaid youth coaches.
- Former Tampa Bay Rowdies player Ricky Hill is the new head coach of FC Tampa Bay.
- The WNY Flash took Alex Morgan #1 in the WPS Draft as expected, along with three other players.
- MLS also had their 2011 SuperDraft and SBI.net has it covered. They also completed the supplemental draft today.
- Personally, I'm glad DC landed Perry Kitchen.
- Kenny Cooper is back in MLS with the Portland Timbers.
- After Don Garber said they needed to work things out, DC's stadium situation is as muddled as usual.
- If you are wondering why Saturday's friendly between the US & Chile will not be on English language TV is the US, here you go.
- CJ Brown is the new assistant coach with Real Salt Lake.
- The USWNT blog has a picture of WNY Flash GK Ashlyn Harris.
- USMNT MF Jermaine Jones is headed to the EPL on a loan deal with Blackburn Rovers.
- USMNT F Robbie Findley was granted a UK work permit and completed his move to Nottingham Forest.
- Gooch has moved to Dutch champs FC Twente.
- Juve is obviously a joke now that they have cheerleaders, right?
- And don't look now, but MLS is backing off the talk of moving to the "world calendar" after the World Cup 2022 snub.
- Could the Bundesliga move to the MLS schedule?
- My mom and grandmother will appreciate this story about how USWNT players like to knit.
- It's too bad that some MLS team didn't land Schelotto.
- Abby finished 5th in world player of the year voting. Ummmm, yeah.......
- I had to laugh at this post about breaking up with Beckham.
- Dear Don Garber , You lost Miami fans at "Support the Strikers".
- I can't wait for all the Philly Bimbo jokes....
- Cobi Jones has a new gig with the NY Cosmos.
- And this is what Soccer Sam and Tommy Tanner hope you see when the Rochester Lancers and Syracuse teams hook up in 2011-12.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.