June 9, 2010
Let's see how many links I can pack in before I get kicked out of here....
- The Rhinos have let Roy Clark go and added MF Kenold Versailles previously of Crystal Palace Baltimore.
- Steve Ralston has left AC St Louis and returned to the New England Revolution.
- If the USSF asks the NASL to keep AC St Louis afloat for the remainder of the 2010 season, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the NASL puts together their response to the request.
- A day after the Vancouver Whitecaps unveiled their MLS logo , it's growing on me. But, I wonder how similiar the Portland MLS logo will be with the talk of three chevrons....
- The Final Third is trying to scoop the world by proclaiming that Ronaldinho will land with the LA Galaxy this summer.
- Austin Aztex F Eddie Johnson was named the USSF D2 Player of the Month for May.
- The internet smalk talk ahead of Saturday's US-England match is starting up with some thinking that English fans are setting themselves up to fail and an English writer cracking on the US.
Perhaps Mr. Johnson should watch this video....
- Shaj Matthews writes a piece at TIAS.com that wonders if US Soccer fans care too much about what others think.....
- Gooch & Jozy are good to go for Saturday per Bob Bradley.
- Will the US need to piss Wayne Rooney off to win on Saturday?
- I can't see a downside to the US beating England. But, this MLS Talk post wonders if that could be the case....
- Grant Wahl predicts how the three US group stage games play out.
- Dan Loney goes off on Martin Tyler calling the US World Cup games. And after last Saturday's US-Australia game, I can't disagree.
- Johan Cruyff is not a big fan of Italian coaches like Fabio Capello of England.
- Objectivo & Bumpy Pitch have some cool US World Cup t-shirts out.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.