June 26, 2009
Since it's Wegmans LPGA weekend, here are a boatload of links:
- Only $51 was wagered on the US winning the Confed Cup despite 999 to 1 odds.
- Here is a video to watch before Sunday's final. Maybe Sunday is our day?
- Bill Archer is calling for Bob Bradley for President.
- MLS Talk looks at the development of Jay DeMerit and Charlie Davies.
- Stefan Fatsis at SI.com looks at the Euro-snob factor and the uphill battle for US Soccer.
- Match Fit USA says Landon Donovan has changed people's opinions about him. Personally, I have never been that down on him....
- Bruce at du Nord says that Michael Bradley could get a multi-game suspension by FIFA for abuse of officials after the Spain match. That would not be good. I liked the fire Michael showed after the Egypt win, but he has to keep his head in situations like that one.
- The USMNT blog has player reactions after the Spain win.
- Bob Bradley views the Spain win as a stepping stone. The key will be to use the momentum for bigger and better things.
- Clint Dempsey is looking forward to a rematch with Brazil.
- US Soccer President Sunil Gulati has to be loving life.
- No Short Corners has some great video links up today.
- MLSNet.com looks at the roster changes that the Columbus Crew have been dealing with.
- Iran is claiming that no players were punished for wearing green wristbands in solidarity with the political opposition during a World Cup qualifier last week.I hope that is the case.
- Devo's blog posting looks at Yari Allnut's signature celebration given the passing of Michael Jackson.
- We are expecting a jam packed show tomorrow with John Ball, Brent Sancho, and Tim Melia scheduled to join us in the 11 o'clock hour and Lori Chalupny of the USWNT, Columbus MF (and former Rhino) Kevin Burns, Minnesota's Manny Lagos, and Columbus radio voice Neil Sika scheduled to join us in the 2nd hour.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.