So, my interwebs hook up at the house is down until at least Tuesday. So, here is a dump of links before I get kicked off the WiFi action here in parts unknown.
Gold Cup - US-Mexico tomorrow night
- WVHooligan rips a Rocky quote for this post title. Gotta like that.
- Dan Loney with a little USA pride.
- MLS Insider looks at the "Bench Boys" and their impact on the Panama game.
- The Free Beer Movement has a pump up video for those that like to get ticked off before a game to fire themselves up.
- The Free Beer Movement has a photo essay from the US-Panama Semifinal.
- Here are the US-Panama highlights.
- Here is the Fox Soccer trailer for the US-Mexico Gold Cup Final.
- It's the one year anniversary of Landon Donovan's epic World Cup goal versus Algeria.
- Here is another USMNT Behind The Crest video . I love this series.
Women's World Cup is on tap for this weekend
- If you haven't seen the new Sportscenter ad featuring Abby Wambach, here you go.
- Here is a look at the USWNT's midfield by The Shin Guardian.
- The Free Beer Movement has their WWC preview up.
- Alex Morgan was paired up with A-Rod in the US Soccer.com USWNT player profile videos.
- Christine Sinclair is happy that the World Cup is almost here.
- ESPNW has a post from Caroline Seger as Team Sweden travels to the WWC.
- The USWNT blog has the Pressure Makes Us Nike ad.
- The USA 10 Kit previews Team USA.
- Here is the USWNT's first edition of Behind the Crest.
- Here is the Studio 90 coverage of the USWNT touching down in Dresden.
- Here is the ESPN profile of Hope Solo.
- The Pressure Makes Us video series looks at the treadmill fitness testing the team took part in.
- All White Kit breaks down the roster of all 16 World Cup teams.
Rochester soccer knowledge
- I don't want to jinx it, but the Rhinos will host the USOC Quarterfinal match versus the FCNY-NY Red Bulls winner should they get past the Chicago Fire on Tuesday night.
- In a related note, Chicago is struggling offensively heading into the match.
News & Notes:
- Unprofessional Foul looks at the issue of women's rights to play soccer in Muslim countries.
- MLS Soccer.com has some cool new chalkboard stuff to track what players do in games.
- I love Jeff at Equalizer Soccer , but why wouldn't WPS want a team saying that they are planning on having a league to play on beyond 2011?
- Run DMB is taking his talents to Peubla.
- The MLS All Star jersey might be a top 10 ugliest soccer jersey of all time.
- KCKRS looks at stats in soccer. Personally, I like it. But, I'm an engineer.....
- Alexi Lalas is writing about MLS for The Mirror. Is that a sign of the growing respect for American soccer? I think so.
- Check out what Orlando City's Jamie Watson likes to cook.
- Round 2 of the USOC pretty much held to form.
- I will never tire of players watching matches with fans.
- KCKRS takes in Red Bull Arena.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.