The Rhinos were honored by the league with Bob Lilley taking home Coach of the Year honors and defenders Troy Roberts and Aaron Pitchkolan being named to the league's Best XI.
Portland's Ryan Pore took home the goal scoring title, league MVP, and Best XI honors, while Vancouver's Jay Nolly (Best GK) and Greg Janicki (Best Defender) took home a couple of individual honors.
Austin's Max Griffin was named the league's rookie of the year.
Paulo Araujo Jr had a good week. Not only was he named to the Best XI for his play for Miami FC, he also scored a couple of goals for Real Salt Lake.
News & Notes:
- Devo has the news that the Washington Freedom picked up their 2011 option on Abby Wambach and that Heather Mitts is available to the new Western NY WPS team when they select players on November 4th.
- Michael Lewis has a piece on how former Rhino Carlos Mendes is doing this year for the Red Bulls after being hurt for most of 2009.
- MLS won't have their expansion draft until November 24th.
- LA's Eddie Lewis & Chris Klein will join the growing list of players that are hanging up their boots at the end of the season.
- What's a fan's ball launch? Well, the Cosmos are having one.
- Even though they are in the final, the future of the Carolina RailHawks is up in the air.
- Wouldn't the news be if Donovan wasn't open to a return to Everton?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.