October 24, 2011
We talked to Salles, Hoxie, Miller, and head coach Billy Andracki on Saturday's edition of Kick This!
They also announced that former MISL & NPSL player and Canisius Men's Soccer coach Jim Hesch has joined Billy Andracki's coaching staff and Dave DiPasquale has joined the club as the head athletic trainer.
Today the Lancers announced that Fickle 93.3 FM will be the radio home of the Lancers and that Joe Giuliano will be the club's play-by-play voice.
News & Notes:
- The Milwaukee Wave have re-signed six players, inluding former Rhinos Ian Bennett and Jonathan Greenfield.
- The Norfolk Sharx have their first official signing in local standout Brandon Massie.
- Former Rhino Ian Fuller will be providing color commentary on MAAC soccer matches for ESPN3.com.
- The Harrisburg City Islanders have hired their new GM in John Gregg.
- The MLS Playoff schedule is set.
- Bruce Arena thinks that the odds of Beckham signing a new deal to stay in LA are 50-50.
- Chicharito has signed a 5 year extension with Manchester United.
- Chicago Fire Technical Director and Interim Head Coach Frank Klopas will be back in 2012. But, in what role?
- Dwayne De Rosario clinched his first MLS Golden Boot.
- The Montreal Impact are keeping GK Evan Bush for their jump to MLS in 2012.
- Detroit and Las Vegas are putting pressure on New York for the next MLS expansion slot.
- Herculez Gomez scored a brace over the weekend.
- Beau Dure looks at the ups and down of Promotion/Relegation.
- Grant Wahl looks at the impact of Fox beating out ESPN for the rights to the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup English broadcasts in the US.
- Sheffield United manager Kevin Blackwell thinks the US will win a World Cup before England win a second title.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.