The MISL has released the 2011-12 league schedule.
One key date for the Rochester Lancers has changed since the home opener release that the league made previously.
The Lancers home opener is now scheduled for 1pm on Saturday November 12th versus Chicago.
Doug Miller to be unveiled tomorrow?
The Rochester Lancers have called a press conference tomorrow to announce their lead community sponsor and their first major player signing.
Devo is reporting that the player will be Doug Miller.
US drops two games by 1-0 scorelines
I'm not too worried after three friendlies to begin the Jurgen Klinsmann era has netted the US two 1-0 losses and a 1-1 draw. But it is interesting that the teach is coached by a former striker and has 1 goal for in three games played.
The problem is that Klinsmann doesn't have a ton of top notch offensive talent with which to build a squad.
Stuart Holden healing up might help. If Charlie Davies can get back to his pre-accident form, that might help. Getting Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey on the field more at the same time will help.
But, will there be enough diamonds to unearth to really improve the talent in the squad?
News & Notes:
- Lancers head coach Billy Andracki was the first guest on last night's episode of Soccer is a Kick in the Grass.
- Anthony Hamilton has signed with NSC Minnesota of the NASL now that the USL PRO season is over.
- Could Aaran Lines return home and coach the football ferns?
- FC Dallas legend Bobby Rhine died of a heart attack at age 35.
- Jeff Kassouf looks at changes that WPS might go through this off season and some that they already have.
- Don't believe the hype on FIFA fining the USSF for chants during the recent US-Mexico friendly.
- Long time soccer writer Grahame Jones has retired from the LA Times.
- Since Egypt is dragging their feet, Bob Bradley may be signing with Santos Laguna in Mexico.
- US Soccer.com catches up with Clarence Goodson.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the
author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or
SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to
email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.