February 23, 2012
The Lancers split their previous two games against the Wings in Wichita. Saturday's 16-10 Lancers win came after Wichita won 19-17 in OT two weeks prior.
You have to like the Lancers tonight. But, they have to play like they did last weekend in Wichita and Missouri and not like they did versus Syracuse in their last home game.
Other Lancers & MISL notes:
- Devo has the news that Lubo was in Houston this week trying out for the Dynamo and that Patrick Hannigan turned down a try out with the NY Red Bulls.
- If you are wondering if Allen Iverson will show up as the honorary captain for the Lancers, he hasn't signed on the dotted line yet. But, he definitely won't be playing for the Lancers despite what most people inferred from the Lancers press release.
- The MISL Central Division Finals are set.
News & Notes:
- Marta has signed on to be Caroline Seger's teammate with Tyresö in Sweden.
- Former Rhino Edy Sebrango has earned an MLS contract with the Montreal Impact.
- The USMNT Blog has an Italy v US Q&A with Jurgen Klinsmann.
- Studio 90 has the USWNT's arrival in Portugal for the Algarve Cup.
- San Jose's soccer stadium took a big step forward this week.
- Hopefully more clubs will follow the Richmond Kickers lead with a cost-free academy.
- DeRo is the highest paid player on DC United despite not being a DP and DC having two of them....
- I hate Montreal, but those posters are pretty sweet.
- A young left back picks playing for the US over Mexico? NICE!
- Eddie Johnson is back in MLS with Seattle via Montreal.
- Is the 4-3-3 the new US formation of choice replacing the diamond 4-4-2?
- Jay DeMerit doesn't think he's the original Jeremy Lin. Honestly, the Jay DeMerit story is even better.
- I think hipsters have a new soccer club to rep.
- Clint Dempsey thinks that young Americans have a much better shot when going pro now than they did a deacde ago.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.