November 3, 2011
On Tuesday, the Rochester Lancers unveiled 5 more players in Brazilian goalkeeper Leonardo "Leo" Tillemont, former Section V star Kyle Manscuk, Serbian native Ljubomir "Lubo" Kocic, former Tacoma Stars standout player Brayton Knapp and former Kitsap Pumas star Elliot Fauske.
Leo played alongside Mauricio Salles on PRSL champions FC Leones this past summer and was named the playoff MVP and Manscuk brings the local flavor to the roster that Sam wants to have.
With the season opener on tap for Friday in Syracuse, expect another roster announcement later today.
Around the MISL:
- Indoor Soccer News has a wrap up of the latest player news as the opening of the MISL season is upon us with Missouri visiting Wichita tonight.
- MISL.com has season previews for Wichita, Missouri, & Milwaukee up.
- Check out the Lancers roster page for a sneak peak of the Lancers jerseys.
- Also, you can get Lancers merchandise either through the Lancers website or at your local Wegmans.
- RSL & SKC advance in the MLS playoffs.
- Houston assistant coach Steve Ralston is getting some props as he gets mentioned as a candidate for the head coaching job in New England.
- Will Gary Smith and Steve Guppy be back in Colorado in 2012?
- Landon Donovan calls the Red Bulls the cheapest team ever after last weekend's playoff matchup at Red Bull Arena.
- Frank Klopas will be back as the Chicago Fire head coach in 2012.
- Kasey Keller's career came to an end last night.
- Speaking of Keller, this kid has one of the best Halloween costums EVER.
- Montreal head coach Jesse Marsch does a Q&A after a South American scouting trip.
- Montreal is keeping another player around from their 2011 NASL squad in Sinisa Ubiparipovic.
- Clint Dempsey won a US Male Player of the Year award. Dempsey has also tied Brian McBride's record for EPL goals by an American.
- Check out what WNY Flash MF Brittany Bock wore for Halloween.
- The DC United to Baltimore rumors are getting a bit of a rebirth this week.
- This story is both amazingly sad and nice to read about as well. Extra props to the ref for not giving him a yellow card.
- Pia Sundhage has brought 30 players into camp for the Sweden friendly. Ashlyn Harris, Whitney Engen, Yael Averbuch, Brittany Bock, Becky Edwards, and Alex Morgan from the WNY Flash were called in, along with Abby Wambach.
- Toronto FC owners MLSE aren't interested in a WPS franchise right now.
- NSC Minnesota played Fort Lauderdale to a scoreless draw to capture the NASL title.
- Beau Dure's latest in the Single Digit Soccer series look at late bloomers and specializing too early.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.