April 20, 2011
The latest WNY Flash video has head coach Aaran "Kiwi" Lines and Flash D Ali Riley talking about their international careers with New Zealand.
Although, with Ali being a California native, she doesn't have the same accept as Aaran.
U.S. Soccer unveils new coaching curriculum
For all the youth coaches out there, especially those coaching kids 12 and under, the US Soccer Federation is unveiling their new coaching curriculum this week.
So far, there are some videos from Day 1 of the conference. But, the curriculum will be available for download from US Soccer.com later in the week.
Real Salt Lake and the CONCACAF Champions League Finals
Real Salt Lake is down in Monterrey for the 1st leg of the CCL finals. The match will be on Fox Soccer Channel at 10pm for those that want to stay up late.
It will be really cool for all of MLS if RSL can take home this title.
News & Notes:
- Chivas USA and Philadelphia both passed on Benny Feilhaber and his $400,00 contract yesterday. So, he'll be suiting up for the New England Revolution . Feilhaber and Shalrie Joseph in the middle of the park could be very scary for other teams.
- SBI.net has their Week 5 MLS Power Ratings up.
- Walter Gaitan of the LA Blues was named the USL PRO League Player of the Week.
- The USL Blog looks at the Portland Timbers' history.
- The Original Winger has a preview video of Livestrong Sporting Park in Kansas City.
- All White Kit has point/counterpoint for three WPS teams, including the WNY Flash.
- I hope FIFA is watching and actually cares. But, I doubt that they are.
- The Offside Rules gives Vancouver's supporters some love.
- SBI.net talks about a night to remember in Portland.
- The Free Beer Movement looks at the Red Patch Boys in Toronto.
- MLS Insider is talking TIFO with the Timbers Army.
- One Goal covers the US-Argentina game in New Jersey.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.