November 12, 2009
I'm trying to get my gameface on for playoff night at the Rochester Sports Garden, so I'm going to be lazy today since there still hasn't been any big news from Rhinos HQ about the next head coach of the Rhinos.
- Charlie Davies is out of the hospital and well on his road to recovery.
- The USL has posted a response to the TOA trying to get their new league recognized by the US and Canadian Soccer federations.
- WV Hooligan has some TOA questions. Don't we all..........
- Inside Minnesota Soccer has some comments from Thunder president Manny Lagos after the TOA announcement and the Thunder releasing all their players from their contracts.
- MLS Talk looks at the St. Louis angle of the TOA announcement.
- I wonder if the USL-TOA split, if it remains long term, will help MLS?
- MLS Rumors.net has the rumor of a Montreal MLS expansion team being announced at this year's MLS Cup in Seattle.
- Darren Tilley is helping FC NY pick players per Devo's Direct Kicks.
- Preki is out as Chivas USA's head coach per Steven Goff. There is a rumor that the Chicago Fire might kick Dennis Hamlett to the curb for Preki.
- Ridge Mahoney's latest at SI.com takes a look at the road ahead for the USMNT.
- Jermaine Jones doesn't appear to be in the mix for the rest of this year.
- Bruce Arena is the MLS Coach of the Year.
- It looks like Scott Palguta will be exposed in the expansion draft by Colorado. I wouldn't be surprised if he were selected since he's a pretty inexpensive starting center back.
- Conor Casey went off on Steve Guppy? What the.....
- Dave Checketts appears to close to taking on a partner with Real Salt Lake.
- Sir Alex got slapped with a multi-game suspension for questioning a ref's fitness level. It's a good thing that Darren Tilley and Andrew Gregor aren't in the EPL!
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.