So, MLS decided to just fine Thierry Henry $2000 for his "goal celebration" that injured Kevin Hartman.
$2000 is chump change for a guy that just dropped $9 million for a Soho penthouse apartment.
So the fact that Henry will miss Friday's DP-fest between NY and LA with an MCL injury is karmic justice at it's finest.
I wonder if I won't be wanted at the NY-LA viewing party now, though....
News & Notes:
- Steve Davis wonders if DeRo can get MVP votes and if Andy Najar can get Rookie of the Year since their teams are unlikely to make the playoffs. Personally, that should affect an MVP vote more than a ROTY vote.
- Don Garber is loving the vibe in Portland. I would be stunned if he didn't given how well things have gone in Seattle and the fact that they are getting a plug and play rivalry with Portland & Seattle. Plus, that extends to Vancouver, as well.
- Could DC United be eyeing a big name DP in Manchester City forward Roque Santa Cruz? That would be really interesting.
- US Soccer gives Grant Wahl a big, fat "no comment" about what Jurgen Klinsmann said recently about his talks about the USMNT job. That's some weak sauce right there. I could see them blowing me off, but Grant Wahl?
- The Original Winger catches up with Sacha Klejstan.
- Former Miami FC defender Gale Agbossoumonde is looking for a new club.
- Kenny Cooper hopes to return soon for 1860 Munich.
- Someone needs to do something like this in Rochester!
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.