April 22, 2008
It's a relatively slow news day, so I'm going to be lazy and just give a run down of some of the things that are going on i the world of soccer.
- The Rhinos have rescheduled the pre-season game against Binghamton University for Friday evening at 6pm at PAETEC Park. They have also an open practive and Select-A-Seat event that will begin at 10am on Saturday.
- Ryan Whirty has quotes from WYSL owner Bob Savage and Sam about the Rhinos moving to a new radio partner this season.
- Kasey Keller's former club Borussia Moenchengladbach willbe coming stateside for a couple of games versus MLS clubs. I wonder if the Rhinos could land Gladbach for an international friendly?
- Check out Don Garber's blog. Seriously, why does the guy think that poking Houston's mayor with an eStick is the way to go?
- US Soccer.com has a podcast interview with DeMarcus Beasley and he talks about the long road back from his most recent injury.
- US Soccer.com has quotes from Peter Nowak and three of his key players following the Olympic draw. There are two votes for the US being drawn into a difficult group with tough and really tough getting one vote apiece.
- Former Montreal Impact forward Frederico Moojen is headed to the Minnesota Thunder.
- Juan Pablo Angel is struggling with a hamstring injury for the Red Bulls. They need to shut him down and let that heal or else he's going to be less than 100% for the entire season.
- The three Cuban refugees that were on trial with the LA Galaxy have been released without being signed. They have reportedly moved across the Home Depot Center campus and are training with Chivas USA.
With the Rhinos already having six foreigners under contract, I can't see either of the two non-goalkeepers heading Rochester's way.
- And in case you were wondering, Frankie Sanfilippo is once again wearing the captain's armband for the Carolina RailHawks.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.