Ives Galarcep launched Soccer By Ives.net this week and he has been pumping out articles at a crazy rate.
From an article about how DC, NY, and Chivas USA can sign players straight out of their Youth Academy systems (including raiding each other's academies.....) to the possibility that Toronto FC could use their Designated Player slot to his odds on who will be the next Chicago Fire head coach to John Harkes being let go by the Red Bulls to a picture of the start of construction of Red Bull Park to the Red Bulls waiving former wunderkid Santino Quaranta to some random news and notes including that VaTech forward Patrick Nyarko is close to signing with MLS to Mo Johnston saying that 2007 MLS ROTY Maurice Edu is not moving abroad.
Like I said, Ives has been a very busy guy!
Other News & Notes:
- Steven Goff says that DC United President Kevin Payne's quadruple bypass surgery went well and that Bruce Arena has shot down the talk of him moving to Chicago.
- Luis Arroyave's Red Card Blog has a couple of interesting tidbits: Dave Sarachan is helping Bob Bradley out with the current USMNT camp and the Fire have interviewed 12 candidates for their head coaching job that was vacated when Osorio left for NY.
- Cleetus headed down under? Man, I was hoping to see what chaos he could create playing with LD and Beckham in LA...........
- MLS Seattle.com has an interview with Joe Roth. But what's up with no soccer movies in his top 3 sports movies of all time?
- Glenn Davis says that soccer needs to get better athletes into the sport. That's easier said than done.
- Beckham is training with Arsenal. I'm surprised that this Beckham news hasn't led to insane rumors about him leaving LA.
- The US WNT blog is back for all that care............
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.