With the MLS SuperDraft coming up this month, I figured that I'd throw out some of the better stuff that have surfaced lately.
Goal.com has a piece on how Generation adidas players have impacted MLS.
Speaking of Generation adidas, MLS has released the list of this year's 9 Gen adidas players that includes a trio from the national champion Maryland Terps.
SBI.net takes a look at the Gen adidas class. No doubt the fact that these guys don't count against the cap will mean that they are hot commodities at the draft.
- This report out of Chicago says that Blanco is close to a new deal with the Fire.
- Speaking of DPs, here is a report about NY talking to Juan Pablo Angel, along with Dave van den Bergh. I hope Angel sticks around beyond 2009.
- Say it ain't so, Piotr. Say it ain't so!
- The latest rumor out of Seattle is that they will add Costa Rican defender Roy Miller on loan.
- It appears that Juan Sebastian Veron is trying to kill any MLS rumors. Either that, or he's trying to get an MLS team to up an offer.......
- SBI.net has a post on how Mo Johnston and Toronto FC are ready to wheel and deal at the draft. That probably shouldn't fall into the rumor bucket!
- Let the Marta to LA Sol rumors ramp up!
News & Notes:
- This just in: Lionel Messi is siiiiiiiick!
- Michael Lewis has a nice piece about 10 big names and 10 questions for 2009.
- Here is another article about the hope for an MLS expansion team in Miami. I'll believe that Miami can be a good sports town when I see it.
- Luis Bueno takes a look at what 2009 could have in store for Landon Donovan, Maurice Edu, Chad Marshall, and Ante Razov.
- The Touchline blog says that they need an MLS Network. Ummmm, isn't GolTV and FSC enough?
- Global Futbol.com has a cool interview with Bobby Boswell.
- MLSNet.com has a piece up about Beckham's debut with AC Milan.
- Santino Quaranta talks to DC's blog after re-upping with the club.
- DC also re-signed Marc Burch.
- Ridge Mahoney's latest at SI.com takes a look at the busy 2009 for the USMNT.
- US Soccer.com also has a cool little video up with the USMNT back in camp.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.