May 14, 2008
With the Rhinos in Seattle this evening, the $1million question is whether tonight is the night that the Rhinos score a goal (or more) and get their first win of the season.
On the bright side, they do have the reigning USL 1st Division Team of the Week goalkeeper in Scott Vallow and they should have Ze Roberto, Mauricio Salles, and Atiba Charles available since the team is back in the good ole US of A.
But, since I'm too negative, I'm guessing that we are in for another 1-0 Rhinos loss and there will be a lot of hand wringing (and weather report watching) heading into Saturday's home opener versus Charleston.
News & Notes:
- Vancouver defeated Becks and the Galaxy last night 2-1. I guess that means the Rhinos have a better defense than LA.
- Steven Goff has a posting about how some Toronto FC supporters plan to show their displeasure with talks that the Argos might call BMO Field home in the future. And here I thought it was about MLS players protesting the bad turf at BMO.......
- Peter Nowak has named his U-23 roster for the upcoming tournament in France. The Red Bulls are glad that Jozy Altidore isn't on the list, I'd bet.
- Speaking of Altidore, it looks like the price to pry him away from MLS could be $10 million+ according to Steven Goff .
- If you are wondering where the USMNT willplay some of it's WC qualies, here are some good rumors.
- The Minnesota Thunder are once again on the move. It will be interesting to see how the upgrades go in Blaine.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.