March 26, 2009
As expected, the Rhinos took care of business defeating the University of Rochester 4-0.
The Rhinos played all of the signed players except for Ze Roberto (recovering from knee surgery) and Tai Atieno (not in town due to national team duty). Newly signed left sided player Kwame Sarkodie played left back in the second half and looked to be a speedy compliment to Danny Earls who was playing on the left side of midfield in front of him.
Some other notes from the game:
- Mike Ambersley and Nano Short were the only two trialists that showed up on the pre-season roster that was handed out last night despite the fact that they didn't play.
- Chris Sanders did not look to be the scoring forward that the Rhinos hope to add this off season for the second pre-season game in a row.
- Tiger Fitzpatrick picked up a knock and left the match at half time.
- Ryan Heins was one guy that really stood out. But, it was against a college team.....
News & Notes:
- USL Live is back in 2009 and this time it's FREE!
- Former Rhino Chase Harrison has signed with Harrisburg of the USL 2nd Division.
- Cleveland has signed Gordon Kljestan aka Sacha's brother.
- New England has added a forward from Cameroon that doesn't turn 19 for a couple of months.
- Former KC defender Jose Burciaga Jr. is looking to catch on with Mexican club Tecos.
- Houston is close to signing EPL vet Ade Akinbiyi.
- DC United President Kevin Payne went on the radio to try and answer questions about DC's bid for a new stadium.
- St. Louis to the USL 1st Division............. I like the idea, especially if the WPS team works well in that market.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them