June 1, 2012
Up next for the Rhinos are the Richmond Kickers who come to Sahlen's Stadium after losing to DC United in the USOC on Tuesday evening.
With the Rhinos winless in their last three league games, tomorrow is a chance to get back on track. This will be a big game for Rhinos head coach Jesse Myers who was a long time assistant in Richmond before coming to Rochester this season.
Also of note, Danny Earls was named to the USL PRO League Team of the Week.
I know I'll be rooting for them in the next round.
Brazil 4:1 US
It sucks to watch the USMNT get thumped 4-1. But, it didn't seem that bad during a second half stretch where the US missed a handful of really good scoring chances and were taking things to Brazil.
And then there was the ref who seemed to want to be at the center of attention over the first 20 minutes or so.
At the end of the day, the US has found a new left back and Michael Bradley continues to be the engine in the middle of the park.
And Neymar is fun to watch.
News & Notes:
- Former WNY Flash GK Ashlyn Harris will undergo shoulder surgery and will be out for 4 to 6 months.
- It's no surprise, but Abby Wambach has made the US Olympic team.
- Ives Galarcep looks at the best and worst values in MLS.
- Marco Di Vaio says coming to MLS is about more than just soccer.
- NASL expansion is delayed, but still on track per their commissioner. Seems like an oxymoron to me....
- With Ronaldinho voiding his contract with Flamengo due to unpaid wages, could he be headed to MLS?
- The US v Mexico rivalry will be the focus of a new documentary.
- Kamani Hill goes from unemployment to leading scorer for the Colorado Rapids.
- Here are the 2012 National Soccer Hall of Fame inductees.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.