September 17, 2010
I had a nice post going yesterday before my browser locked up and flushed it.
Here is a quick little snapshot of the big news heading into tonight's home finale for the Rhinos:
- Aaron King's stoppage time goal for Tampa Bay allowed the Rowdies to tie Austin and keep the Rhinos in first place. The Rhinos magic number is down to 12.
- Of course Bob Lilley isn't taking Miami FC lightly. Especially since they beat Montreal last weekend.
- Since Devo came up with his team award choices, here are mine: MVP - Troy Roberts, OPOTY - Isaac Kissi, DPOTY - Frankie SanFilippo, ROTY - Tyler Bellamy, Community Service - Ryan Heins, and Coach's Award - Aaron Pitchkolan
- Devo's post about the Buffalo Flash and WPS got picked up and ran with by the Fake Sigi Blog. I was surprised how gung ho FS was about the idea.
- Inside Minnesota Soccer.com has a great post about the future of the whole D2/D3 men's pro soccer landscape today as the USSF wants things locked down for 2011 by the end of the month.
- It will be interesting to see what MLS does after Thierry Henry injured Kevin Hartman last night.
- Videos for the weekend: Dying Bravely and Morgan Freeman doing a voiceover for the US World Cup bid.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.