I love the negativity from the non-soccer fans in this town.
I understand times are tough. But do we really want to question an investment in the Rochester community?
I'm sure the people that work at LeChase don't mind the work!
Personally, I hope that finishing up the stadium not only adds much needed revenue to the Rhinos bottom line, but also helps with an impression that the stadium is incomplete.
News & Notes:
- Vancouver really likes their chance at landing an MLS franchise.
- Here is an article about the barriers to getting a soccer stadium built in Ottawa.
- Apparently MLS in Philly ownership are bringing more people on board to get their stadium built.
- San Jose owner Lew Wolff talks about his plans for a new stadium.
- Jozy Altidore is moving from Villareal to 2nd division leading Xerez on loan. Hopefully Jozy gets a lot more playing time with his new team.
- Bob Bradley has called 20 players in to USMNT camp.
- I love reading articles like Luis Bueno's latest at SI.com. Basically, it's talking about how Mexico's problems are far deeper than who is coaching the national team.
- Tomorrow's guest list for Kick This! will be Rhinos owner Rob Clark to talk about the suite funding and Carolina midfielder Luke Kreamalmayer.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them