July 29, 2008
The Houston Dynamo and Pachuca will tangle for the second year in a row in the SuperLiga semifinals.
Add in the 2007 CONCACAF Champions League semifinal showdown between the two clubs and there has been a nice little rivalry growing.
The winner of tonight's match will take on the winner of the New England-Atlante match that will be played tomorrow night in Foxboro.
If you want to watch tonight's match, it starts at 10pm and will be broadcast live on Telefutura.
News & Notes:
- The USWNT has landed in Qinhuangdao and is prepping for their first match which is only 8 days away. Carli Lloyd has a postcard from China and Hope Solo is trying to figure out which Nike boots to wear.
- SBI.net asks what would you do if you were Kenny Cooper. I'd go to Cardiff City as I think that Scandanavia is where American soccer careers go to die.
- The news that Lionel Messi will be with Barcelona for their US tour is good for American soccer fans and bad for the Argentine Olympic team.
- Michael Lewis feels that MLS needs to learn from the NASL.
- Speaking of Scandanavia killing soccer careers, Pat Noonan may be headed back to the Revs on loan.
- Real Maryland has cut Ronald Cerritos loose. I wonder if he'll get picked up before the USL 1st Division roster freeze?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.