Tomorrow night the Rhinos close their regular season at home to the Pittsburgh Riverhounds.
The Rhinos are tied for first in the National Division with Harrisburg. The City Islanders close out league play in Orlando tonight.
The WNY Flash close out their regular season on Sunday at home with a 6pm match versus the Atlanta Beat. About the time the match kickoff, the Flash will know whether they need a point versus the Beat to lock up the WPS regular season title and the right to host the championship game as Philadelphia kicks off in Florida at 4pm versus magicJack.
I am taking part in the dunk tank this Sunday at Sahlen's Stadium to raise money for the Susan G. Komen foundation. This match is the Flash's designated PUMA project pink game to help fight breast cancer. The Flash has partnered with the Susan G. Komen foundation to help raise awareness and money for breast cancer research.
The tank will be in operation from 5pm - 6pm as well as at halftime (around 6:55 pm - 7:10 pm). My scheduled time will be at 5:20pm.
So, if you ever wanted to drop me into a dunk tank, here is your chance!
A few Klinsmann debut leftovers
- The Shin Guardian talks about optimism reigning supreme after Klinsmann's debut.
- Over 1 million people tuned in to ESPN2 for the match.
- Soccer America looks at the winners and losers from the match.
- Yanks Abroad has a report card from the match.
- The USA 10 Kit has a podcast talking about the match.
- The Free Beer Movement isn't too happy with ESPN after Wednesday night.
- MLS Soccer.com's Armchair Analyst looks at the match.
Freddy Adu is back in MLS. But, it's with Philly and not Chivas USA
Early yesterday the rumor was Freddy Adu to Chivas USA. Today's news is that Adu will be joining the Philadelphia Union where he will play for his former coach in DC in Peter Nowak.
- MLS Soccer.com has a poll on how good does this move make the Union down the stretch.
- The Shin Guardian has an op-ed piece on Adu returning to MLS.
News & Notes:
- The MISL has the official release on next weekend's Rochester Lancers open tryouts at TSE.
- Soccer America talks about how Clint Dempsey and Tim Howard are the only two Americans that are guaranteed starters in the EPL this season.
- Apparently Bob Bradley is awaiting a formal offer from Egypt.
- All White Kit has an interview with Sky Blue FC forward Casey Noguiera.
- Luis Bueno writes about his battle to lose over 100 lbs and Bob Bradley's role in that journey.
- I wonder how long it will take Klinsmann to get a few dozen of these built in the US?
- Alejandro Bedoya has received his work permit and his move to Rangers is pretty much a done deal now.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.