With less than a month before the 2012-13 season kicks off, the Rochester Lancers have announced that Jim Hesch has been promoted to head coach taking over from Billy Andracki. Andracki guided the Lancers to the MISL playoffs in the club's first season in the MISL.
Hesch takes over a team that will return over ten players from last season and add Rhinos MF Danny Earls per founder and CEO Soccer Sam. Doug Miller, Mauricio Salles, Jake Schindler, and Kyle Manscuk are among the players that will be back in 2012-13.
MISL News & Notes:
- Baltimore has re-signed 11 players, including former Rhino Max Ferdinand.
- Syracuse has signed local standout Nate Bourdeau.
- Syracuse head coach Tommy Tanner talks about the Silver Knights' November 2nd home opener.
- Syracuse has re-signed Slavisa Ubiparipovic.
News & Notes:
- Chipotle gave Abby Wambach burritos for life. Must be nice!
- The Rhinos will have an open tryout on December 13th at TSE.
- Eddie Johnson scored both goals as the USMNT defeated Antigua & Barbuda 2-1 on the road in WCQ on Friday.
- The US & Guatemala are both short-handed heading into tonight's WCQer.
- There are more than a few scenarios that will see the US advance to the next round of qualifying.
- Two ownership groups are jockeying for position with regards to a Seattle team in the next women's soccer pro league.
- MLS is moving closer to a NYC stadium in Queens.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.