April 16, 2008
The Rhinos have their second home game of the pre-season tonight with the Syracuse Orange heading west down I-90.
Here are some of the questions running through my head before the 6pm kick off:
- Will Salles play or is he still out with an ankle injury?
- Will John Ball be in the line up since his indoor season is over?
- Will any of the new signings be in uniform for the Rhinos?
- Will Steve Guppy start for the Rhinos?
- Who gets the bulk of playing time at D-Mid?
- Will Melia see enough action for me to tell whether the hype over the kid is warranted or not?
News & Notes:
- Devo has an article up at D&C.com about NBT Bank's lawsuit against the former owners of the Rhinos and their attempts to recoup some of the $10+ million in loans that they defaulted on.
- MLSNet.com has an article on how Real Salt Lake's new lineup added an offensive spark. It has some quotes from Dema Kovalenko.
- Ridge Mahoney's latest at SI.com talks about how Schelotto has been the staw that stirs the drink in Columbus. Honestly, I thought everyone knew that last year.
- Big Apple Soccer.com is saying that Tony Meola and Marcelo Balboa could be up to replace Marc De Grandpre as the New York Red Bulls grand poobah.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.