February 20, 2009
Well, the LA Galaxy don't share AC Milan's optimism that a deal to keep David Beckham in Milan could happen soon.
In fact, LA is saying that AC Milan has yet to come back to them after AC Milan's initial offer was flatly refused.
It is tough to trust either side when it comes to a public tug of war like this one. However, I tend to believe Bruce Arena and the LA brass when they say that they expect Beckham back. Especially if reports that AC Milan's lone offer was merely $3 million.
I'm not a soap opera fan, but this is fun to watch from a distance!
News & Notes:
- Usually political blame games are about building soccer stadiums. This time it's around bringing Beckham and the Galaxy to New Zealand.
- Toronto FC's Carl Robinson thinks that Beckham won't be back with LA.
- Some LA fans don't want Beckham back at this point.
- One DC United fan blog believes that if they build the new stadium, the fans will come.
- NY head coach Juan Carlos Osorio is in El Salvador looking for a new fullback.
- Visa issues are keeping Mac Kandji from traveling with his Red Bulls teammates to pre-season training in Argentina. I guess border issues don't just affect USL clubs.
- Is this "vote of confidence" the kiss of death for Sven-Goran Eriksson?
- Vancouver has signed Marco Reda away from the Charleston Battery.
- In a recurring theme, Carolina has signed yet another former Cleveland City Star.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them