January 4, 2013
It's been a wild few weeks for me, so there is some catching up to do.
- Lancers F Doug Miller has been on a tear. So much so that he earned MISL Offensive Player of the Month honors for December. He ended up with 16 goals and 38 points in Decemeber.
- The11.ca take a look at new Lancer Paul Craig.
- Abby Wambach and Alex Morgan talk about being nominated for the FIFA World Player of the Year Award.
- Portland Thorns FC have over 3500 season ticket deposits for the first year NWSL franchise.
- MLS might have a team playing in Citi Field, home of the NY Mets.
- Canadian WNT head coach John Herdman will name the 16 players that will play in the NWSL later in January.
- Equalizer Soccer did a Q&A with Seattle Reign FC GM Amy Carnell.
- Former DC United captain Ryan Nelsen appears headed to MLS has a coach.
- I would LOOOOOVE to see Waldo get a shot as an MLS head coach.
- Equalizer Soccer takes a glance at the NWSL.
- The Puerto Rico Islanders will join the NY Cosmos on the sidelines during the first half of the NASL's new split season in 2013.
- There are plenty of rumors that the USL PRO League will help with developmental players from MLS.
- Former USWNT F Cindy Parlow Cone is the head coach of Portland Thorns FC.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.