February 19, 2010
The USMNT has some good news on the injury front a day after there was some optimistic news from Charlie Davies.
Today defender Oguchi Onyewu took part in some light drills at USMNT camp.
Gooch is coming back from a knee injury suffered back in October against Costa Rica.
With Clint Dempsey looking to return realtively soon for Fulham, perhaps the health of some of the key USMNT players that have had injury issues over the past few months will be cleared up prior to the World Cup.
And then you have the Freddy factor!
News & Notes:
- Landon Donovan has been named the Everton Player of the Month for January by the club's supporters, a British columnist calls Donovan, and not David Beckham, the brightest star for the LA Galaxy, Jason Davis at Match Fit USA is resigned to the fact that Landon won't be able to stay longer than the original loan, and Grant Wahl says that Donovan's success at Everton has complicated his professional future. Where are the haters now?
- Luis Gil has signed with MLS and will go to the team that wins a weighted lottery with the NY Red Bulls having the best odds of landing the 16yo.
- Fanhouse has an inside look at Red Bull Arena. If the Rhinos play at the Red Bulls in the Open Cup, I might have to figure out a way to make the trip!
- Apparently there are still plenty of good seats available for the World Cup.
- Portland has signed former Real Salt Lake defender Ian Joy.
- NSC Minnesota has signed 3 players with Brian Cvilikas being inked by the new club.
- Puerto Rico is going to be promoted?!?!?!?!?
- So much for MyFootballClub being a game changer.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.