July 1, 2011
Not only are Matthew Delicate, Ryan Heins, and the Richmond Kickers in town to face the Rhinos tonight, it's Scott Vallow Bobblehead Night!
There are only 1000 of them, so get there early to grab yours.
On the field you have the Rhinos that got bounced out of the USOC on Tuesday and the Kickers who advanced past the Columbus Crew. But, both teams sit at 24 pts (Richmond has a game in hand) in the USL PRO standings with the Rhinos leading the National Division and the Kickers chasing Orlando City in the American Division.
Richmond went 1-1-1 in league play in June while the Rhinos were 4-0-1.
News & Notes:
- Insert cheesy "Abby is big time" joke here.
- Pia Sundhage is switching things up in the US midfield again.
- Look who came out of retirement for the Montreal Impact.
- An interesting counterpoint to a critique of Bob Bradley following the Gold Cup loss to Mexico.
- Here is All White Kit's Things We Learned at WWC Day 5 & Day 4.
- The USA 10 Kit does the post mortum on the US U-17 MNT after they got bounced hard by Germany.
- FC Dallas' Brek Shea is an artist off the pitch.
- USWNT MF Heather O'Reilly goes back home in this US Soccer.com video.
- Canada got rudely bounced from the WWC.
- DeRo hopes to stick with DC United after landing with his 3rd team in the last 12 months.
- The Free Beer Movement looks at a cool new soccer lifestyle t-shirt brand.
- Toronto FC now has the most hated man in MLS.
- Rhinos MF Michael Tanke has some of the best goals of all time at his blog.
- Gotta love North Korea's excuse for the loss to the US.
- Is US Soccer looking for Bob Bradley replacements already?
- Here is episode 2 of the webumentary of the NSC Minnesota Stars.
- US Soccer Daily has the top 10 goals from the Gold Cup.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.