April 25, 2008
The preseason game versus Binghamton University is on for this evening. the game will start at 6pm at PAETEC Park and admission and parking is free.
Also, tomorrow morning at 10am the Rhinos are having an open practice and Select-A-Seat event. So, come on down and check out the team as you can get your first look at some of the new Rhinos, such as the newly arrived Atiba Charles.
Tomorrow's edition of Kick This! will feature Sam grabbing guests for us live from the Select-A-Seat event.
I just hope the rain holds off tonight!
News & Notes:
- Beckham's signing by the Galaxy is spilling over the US legal system as two kids are fighting over who owns a game worn Becks jersey.
- The USWNT is training in Cary, NC and the blog is back as well.
- Does Chivas USA really need to stop Donovan and Beckham to have success versus LA? Withthe way the season has gone for LA so far, I would say that outscoring LA's dynamic duo is the way to go.
- Hopefully the Rhinos brass missed this story.....
- Houston is getting a nice soccer stadium. But, it's a 4500 seater for a PDL team and not for the Dynamo.
- There are a couple of good articles about the comings (goalkeeper Ray Burse, Jr.) and goings (Timber Jim) in Portland. The Timbers also ran their regular season unbeaten string at home to 16 games with a 2-1 win over Minnesota last night.
- Apparently BMO Field in Toronto is getting the cold shoulder from the Canadian MNT due to it's FieldTurf surface.
- After this week's first leg of the Champions League semis, pretty much everyone is wondering what happened to the beautiful game. SI.com's Gabrielle Marcotti asks the question wonderfully in this column.
- The USL on the Fox Soccer Channel kicks off tonight at 8pm with Atlanta hosting Montreal.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.