I'm still a little worn down after last night's indoor soccer game, so here are some quick hits from around the soccer world:
- In case you didn't know, US-Honduras is on FSC tomorrow night.
- Bob Bradley is happy with Landon Donovan's loan to Everton.
- DC United also made a move to replace their one name Brazilian as they signed Flo , a former Manchester United reserve team player.
- The Danny Califf to Philadelphia move was made official. I thought that was a done deal weeks ago?!?!?!?
- Houston appears to have raised the white flag in their attempts to re-sign Stuart Holden.
- It looks like Freddie Ljungberg could be following Beckham to Serie A.
- I still can't believe that Steve Nicol will part with Jeff Larentowicz in part to get Preston Burpo.
- Could this mean that the MLS CBA situation is close to being resolved? I sure hope so.
- Santos of Brazil will be the Red Bulls opponent for the Red Bull Arena opener.
- Portland's renovation plans for PGE Park ahead of next season's jump to MLS were approved.
- TIAS.com has more on why Lee Nguyen turned down MLS's offer. Apparently all they offered was the league minimum on a 5 year deal. Um, yeah.......
- Aris introduced Freddy Adu and gave him the #11 shirt. I hope that is a sign that he'll get a lot of playing time in Greece.
- Austin has re-signed former Cuban U-23 Nat Yordany Alvarez.
- While the 24th Minute is a fan of new NASL PR Director Kartik Krishnayer, Fake Sigi , Aaron Stollar , and Dan Loney obviously aren't. I still hope that the hiring means that NASL.com becomes a vehicle for 2nd Division fans to get a lot more information than they have in the past. But, we shall see.
- Unprofessional Foul wants Manchester UNited supporters to step up their game in their protests against the Glazer ownership of the club.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.