The Western New York Flash have announced the additions of 2010 WPS Rookie of the Year Defender Ali Riley and MF/D Brittany Bock.
The Flash had perviously selected midfielders Beverly Goebel and Kaley Fountainin the WPS Expansion Draft and signed GK Ashlyn Harris.
Flash head coach Aaran "Kiwi" Lines also said during Saturday's interview on Kick This! that the club planned on selected Cal Bears and USWNT Forward Alex Morgan with the first pick in the WPS draft and that the club had a verbal agreement with the five time reigning Canadian Soccer Women's Player of the Year Forward Christine Sinclair.
It's obvious that the Flash are planning on coming out gunning in their first year in WPS.
News & Notes:
- Inside Minnesota Soccer.com has an NASL update.
- The 24th Minute is worried a bit about FC Edmonton after their coaching staff has left.
- The LA Blues joining the USL PRO League in 2011 is official. I sure hope they have a few more west coast teams to announce. If not, I don't see how that fits within the whole regional model and reduced travel costs that the USL was talking about.
- A couple of USMNT players that have been plying their trade ijn Mexico deny that they are looking to move to MLS.
- Thomas Dooley is interested in the Toronto FC coaching vacancy.
- The first edition of the MLS re-entry draft was relatively slow with only two players getting selected.
- Is the CSA's moritorium on teams below MLS joining US leagues over before it really started?
- You got to love the Ronaldinho to LA rumors that won't die.
- USWNT coach Pia Sundhage is up for the FIFA Women's Coach of the Year award.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.