April 30, 2010
Devo has the Rhinos starting lineup for tomorrow's home opener against Carolina.
Nothing too surprising given how things have played out over the past few games. Although, Tino Nunez scoring a couple of goals last time out may have made things slightly more difficult.
Devo also has a blog post & D&C story on captain Frankie SanFilippo. It is nice to have Frankie back in a Rhinos uniform.
Carolina RailHawks.com has a preview of the match up. This will be Carolina's first road match of the season.
News & Notes:
- Portland defeated Vancouver 2-1 last night. Ryan Pore scored two more goals for the Timbers.
- Travis Clark has a USSF D2 preview for SBI.net.
- You have to love how Seattle Sounders fans react to mistreatment of their players.
- Fulham is through to the Europa League final in a few weeks after their 2-1 win over Hamburg.
- Grant Wahl talks to Bob Bradley and Steve Davis says the USMNT needs to avoid red cards over at SI.com.
- Eric Wynalda feels bad for Charlie Davies, but he doesn't think he will make the team this time around.
- I have to laugh at MLS forming a committee to look at how to win the CCL. Here are two ways: bigger rosters and more financial incentives to win the CCL.
- Apparently Petr Nowak went Herb Brooks on the Union after their USOC Qualifying loss to NY.
- Construction of the temporary home for the Vancouver Whitecaps as they make the jump to MLS next year is well under way.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.