November 4, 2008
- Forget all the free coffee and donuts for voting, get this Rhinos 2009 Season Ticket Deal today!
- Chris Economides is now the Senior Director, USL First Division. It will be interesting to see how this changes the way the USL First Division is run.
- Former Rhino and 2008 USL 1st Division MVP Jonathan Steele may be headed to MLS. Kansas City would appear to be a good landing spot for "The Man of Steele".
- US Soccer.com hasa podcast with Clint Dempsey up.
- WCBS 880.com in New York has a phot gallery with some overhead pictures of the progress on Red Bull Arena. I can't wait for the Red Bulls to move out of Giants Stadium.
- MLS announced the first three of their 2008 Awards with Jon Busch being named Goalkeeper of the Year and Michael Parkhurst repeating as MLS Fair Play Award winner. Michael's New EnglandRevolution also took home the MLS Fair Play Team Award.
- Steve Davis' latest at MLSNet.com breaks down the difference making coaching moves from week 1 of the playoffs.
- Ridge Mahoney's new article at SI.com breaks down what the 6 teams that are out of the playoffs need to do looking ahead to the 2009 season.
- After reading the first part of Steven Goff's blog post from this morning, I love how Maradona is already on the defensive.
- Sorry, but I don't believe that Toronto FC HAS to sign a designated player this offseason to improve their on the field product. The key is to get difference makers and there have been plenty of MLS game changers signed for below DP dollars or loonies.
- I wonder if this piece is actually reverse psychology to get Beckham out of LA?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.